Master of Business Administration in Project and Quality Management Program
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY online MBA in Project and Quality Management Degree
Companies have to stay ambitious and innovative in order to stay current and competitive. Organizations need leaders who can effectively manage a team as well as provide direction for future projects and initiatives. The MBA program for Project and Quality Management teaches the necessary skills for powerful leadership and can prepare students for the PMP (Project Management Professional) certification. The techniques and information presented allows students to explore and understand the intricate relationship between effective project and quality management and the complex structure of a functioning company.
For business professionals who want to begin or advance a career in project management and/or quality control, California Intercontinental University’s program is the perfect tool to make yourself more marketable to employers. Students examine a variety of philosophies and concepts for managing, controlling, and improving quality. Students study the foundations of quality management and process improvement studies including Six Sigma management techniques and quality design. Through its comprehensive coverage about the renowned Six Sigma methodology, the MBA in Project and Quality Management proves its worth in the extensive information that it provides to candidates in any stage of their career. Students gain a better understanding of how software can assist in managing projects more effectively with time and cost management techniques.
The program concludes after successful completion of a Master’s Thesis. This provides a platform for the candidate to demonstrate inclusive knowledge and skills and to establish expertise in Project and Quality Management and leadership aptitude.
A concentration in Project and Quality Management is certainly one of the most versatile degrees. This is because of the extremely wide array of industries in which certified and experienced project managers can apply their skills. Quality control and special project guidance is a skill that is highly valued, and employers are able to easily identify skilled professionals by their MBA credentials. More and more companies prefer to hire graduates with the formal training of being able to synchronize teamwork with useful input for upper management, and make a strong case for the importance of earning an MBA in Project and Quality Management.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
- Integrate management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize business opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and financial problems.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN PROJECT AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT (MBA PQM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|IST 535||Information Technology in Project Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 523||Human Factors and Team Dynamics for PM||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 570||Quality Design for Six Sigma||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 575||Total Quality Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- IST 535 Information Technology in Project Management
- MGT 523 Human Factors and Team Dynamics for PM
- MGT 570 Quality Design for Six Sigma
- MGT 575 Total Quality Management
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department
- Successfully complete and pass an Oral Defense of the Thesis
- Submission of two bound copies of the final Thesis