MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MBAODHRM)
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY online MBA in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management Degree
The Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management (MBAODHRM) program is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of learning and development management, human resource management, business development management, organizational effectiveness consulting, and personnel training management. Students pursuing this specialization will learn about organizational development, leadership and development, international organization behavior, and enterprise resource management. Individuals who prefer working with people and developing human capital and are ready for a business management career will find this specialization worthwhile.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate human resource management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize human resource business opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess human resource business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex human resource concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and financial problems.
- Apply critical thinking skills and proven management theories and practices to analyze, evaluate, and decide on a wide range of human resource issues.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem solving.
- Measure the economic performance of organizations.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MBA ODHRM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|MGT 528||Human Resource Management, Case Analysis and Readings||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 533||International Organizational Behavior||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 542||Leadership Development in Organizations||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 566||Training and Human Capital Development||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- MGT 528 HRM and Case Analysis and Readings
- MGT 533 International Organizational Behavior
- MGT 542 Leadership Development in Organization
- MGT 566 Training and Human Captial Development
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department