Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management Program
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY online MBA in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management Degree
Successful businesses rely on many factors to function to operate smoothly. The infrastructure of a business is an intricate system of working parts that make up the whole, and it constantly calls for thorough strategic direction. For business professionals who thrive in a managerial and team-focused environment, the MBA in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management is a challenging and rewarding path to a career that utilizes people skills to the fullest. Students explore how best to manage relationships within an institution, and the necessary processes for positive business transformation across a variety of industries.
Students master Organizational Development skills including group dynamics, action research, and building effective leadership communities. In-depth knowledge on the basics of Human Resources covers topics ranging from recruiting, salary and benefits, and disciplinary actions. By reviewing case studies that demonstrate various approaches to the challenges of human resource management, students learn how to implement best practices and the value of a successful human resource management team and its effect on the organization. Students learn different cultural perspectives and how they affect a team or business. Graduates will have mastered the strategic planning process and how to implement policies using effective leadership techniques.
Successful companies require helpful and knowledgeable human resource staff in order to function at the highest possible level. Graduates with an MBA in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management are ready for the challenges that come with managing personnel as well as growth of a company, and are well-suited for titles such as Human Resource Manager, Training Manager, or Payroll Director. With California Intercontinental University’s MBA program, graduates can make a positive impact on the internal organization of companies in a major leadership role.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
- Integrate management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize business opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and financial problems.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MBA ODHRM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|MGT 528||Human Resource Management, Case Analysis and Readings||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 533||International Organizational Behavior||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 542||Leadership Development in Organizations||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 566||Training and Human Capital Development||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- MGT 528 HRM and Case Analysis and Readings
- MGT 533 International Organizational Behavior
- MGT 542 Leadership Development in Organization
- MGT 566 Training and Human Captial Development
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department