MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP (MBAHCML)
Earn an MBA in Healthcare Management and Leadership and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY Online MBA in Healthcare Management and Leadership Degree
The Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) program is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of managed care supervision, patient care management, healthcare services manager, regulatory analysis, and resource specialist. Students pursuing this specialization will learn about healthcare management, healthcare economics, healthcare information systems, and the ethics of healthcare. Individuals currently working in the healthcare industry and considering a career advancement in management will find this specialization rewarding.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate management theories and practices to improve healthcare organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize business opportunities in healthcare markets.
- Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize healthcare growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to healthcare and financial problems.
- Apply critical thinking skills and proven management theories and practices to analyze, evaluate, and decide on a wide range of healthcare business issues.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem solving within a healthcare setting.
- Measure the economic performance of healthcare organizations.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP (MBA HCML)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entrepreneurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|HCM 503||Leadership in Healthcare||Taken in Order||3||3|
|HCM 507||Healthcare Human Resource Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|HCM 512 or HCM 533||Healthcare Economics or Healthcare Information Systems||Taken in Order||3||3|
|HCM 523||Ethics of Healthcare||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- HCM 503 Leadership in Healthcare
- HCM 507 Healthcare Human Resource Management
- HCM 512 Healthcare Economics or HCS 533 Healthcare Information Systems
- HCM 523 Ethics of Healthcare
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department