MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN BANKING AND FINANCE (MBABF)
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY Online MBA in Banking and Finance Degree
The Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Banking and Finance (MBABF) program is designed to prepare students for careers in the financial district and banking management, money management, financial consulting, and financial institutional operations. Students pursuing this specialization will focus on financial organizational behavior, commercial banking resource management, and cultural perspectives in banking and finance. Individuals who prefer working with people and developing a financial and banking career and are ready for a financial venture will find this specialization worthwhile.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate financial theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize financial opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess financial challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize financial growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions for financial problems.
- Apply critical thinking skills and proven management theories and practices to analyze, evaluate, and decide on a wide range of financial business issues.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem solving.
- Measure the economic performance of organizations.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN BANKING AND FINANCE (MBA BF)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 530||Bank Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 533||Commercial Banking||Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 540||Capital Markets||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- FIN 512 International Financial Management
- FIN 530 Bank Management
- FIN 533 Commercial Banking
- FIN 540 Capital Markets
The Associate of Arts in Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department