Bachelor of Business Administration in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Program
Earn a degree in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship and prepare for a great career or start your own business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY Online Bachelor of Business Administration in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree
For those who are looking to jump-start a career in online marketing or start their own business, the Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship provides a solid foundation on the path to a successful career. With courses that explore modern marketing concepts such as social media and global marketing and advertising, students will learn how to communicate with a dynamic range of consumers and get to know what it takes to effectively capture attention and boost business in return. Now more than ever, small businesses and start-up companies are a popular path for those who want to be their own boss and be a part of something big from the ground up.
Through a wide-angle perspective, students will have the opportunity to view business structures as both entrepreneurs and social investors. The Entrepreneurship managerial emphasis will help students form their working knowledge of business catering specifically to new business ventures. Consumer Behavior emphasizes the importance of understanding the processes that influence the acquisition and consumption of goods and services. A comprehensive approach to behavioral models and concepts can predict consumer behavior and lead to a better understanding of the complex forces that affect the marketplace.
A key aspect of successful marketing techniques lies in advertising. – students will learn the strengths and weaknesses of different types of media as well as budgeting procedures and negotiation with media sales personnel. Students will learn global marketing strategies in international markets as well as global competitive analysis and strategy. Presented with real-world business challenges and scenarios, candidates will learn to develop and marketing and communications plan essential steps to launching and managing a new business venture.
The appeal of pursuing a degree in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship is the seemingly endless number of career path options. Start-ups can be founded upon everything from restaurants to manufacturing and commercial plants to software applications. With the combined knowledge of how to best utilize the internet for marketing purposes to the concepts that determine how fast a business grows, graduates with a bachelor degree in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship will be prepared to enter world with the tools to create something new and affect positive change.
|Credits required for degree completion:||120|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||90|
|Program length:||4 years|
|Cost per credit:||$345|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate the proper use of effective oral and written communication and professional presentations.
- Explain the importance of leadership, organizational culture and human relationships in organizations.
- Identify and analyze managerial and organizational information needs and use appropriate information technologies to assist in business decision making.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative skills for solving business problems and appreciate the value of statistical techniques and information technologies in business decision making.
- Apply principles of planning, organizing, and leading business operations.
- Explain the importance of integrity and professional ethics in business settings.
- Design, develop, and implement strategies that enhance the marketing of products and services.
- Define micro and macroeconomics and financial analysis and decision making
- Identify human resource management practices and such behavioral issues as motivation and diversity.
|Degree Plan||Bachelor of Business Administration in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship (BBAIMM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits||Foundation / Core||GE||Elective / Specialization|
|ACE 100||Accelerate, Connect, Equip||3||3|
|GEN 101||English Composition I||3||3|
|Social Science Elective (100/200)||3||3|
|GEN 201||English Composition II||3||3|
|BUS 225||Fundamentals of Business Ethics||3||3|
|GEN 102||United States History||3||3|
|GEN 103||United States Government||3||3|
|BUS 215||Business Communications||3||3|
|BUS 201||Business and Society||3||3|
|BUS 214||Business Statistics||3||3|
|ECO 215||Survey of Economics||3||3|
|ACC 222||Financial Accounting||3||3|
|MKT 226||Principles of Marketing||3||3|
|MGT 251||Organizational Behavior||3||3|
|IST 221||Fundamentals of Computing||3||3|
|IST 228||Data Communication and Distributed Networks||3||3|
|BUS 314||Business Law||3||3|
|ACC 421||Managerial Accounting||3||3|
|FIN 224||Principles of Financial Management||3||3|
|BUS 425||Business Ethics||3||3|
|BUS 426||Quantitative Methods in Business||3||3|
|MGT 448||Human Resource Management||3||3|
|MGT 462||Small Business Entrepreneurs||3||3|
|IST 439||Enterprise Resource Management||3||3|
|MGT 228||Introduction to the Process of Management||3||3|
|MKT 450||Global Marketing||3||3|
|BUS 416||Business Negotiations||3||3|
|MGT 440||Operations Management||3||3|
|MGT 450||Project Management||3||3|
|MKT 456||Consumer Behavior||3||3|
|MGT 445||Strategic Management||3||3|
|MGT 460||Leadership in Organizations||3||3|
The Bachelor of Business Administration program requires the completion of 120 units of coursework that include:
General Education Courses: 36 Units / 12 Courses
California Intercontinental University uses elements of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to determine the breadth of requirements for general education courses. In making this determination, courses that are recognized by IGETC that are not offered by California Intercontinental University may be considered for waiver of certain General Education courses.
In alignment with the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) program, students can demonstrate multidisciplinary knowledge through transfer of courses or students may also elect to fulfill the unit mandate by taking the courses below or any other undergraduate courses offered by California Intercontinental University
Business Foundation Courses: 72 Units / 24 Courses
Specialization Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Bachelor’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- Official transcript showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, (with no college-level work). DD 214 documents showing High School completion may be accepted as proof for military students.
- If the applicant has completed some approved postsecondary college work, a sealed copy of his/her official transcripts will be required (no verification of HS completion will be needed in this case)
- The applicant’s college academic record must show a minimal grade point average (GPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher
The Bachelor’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the GE, Required, and Emphasis courses of the appropriate curriculum (or their equivalent) and have fulfilled the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieve at least 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for all courses taken at California Intercontinental University
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to California Intercontinental University prior to degree award
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department