BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (BSMIS)
Earn a degree in the growing MIS field and prepare for a great career.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY Online Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems Degree
The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (BS MIS) program is designed to provide students with knowledge and skills to apply business principles and management practices with specialization in management information systems. Students pursuing this specialization will learn about designs and enterprise development and applications, management skills for technological organizations, and management decision making.
|Credits required for degree completion:||120|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||90|
|Program length:||4 years|
|Cost per credit:||$395|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate basic skills in programming, databases, operating systems, and networking.
- Determine appropriate approaches, tools and techniques for the applications in organizational settings.
- Apply software management skills to test product quality.
- Demonstrate the skills to design and develop applications using Relational Databases, .Net Development, and Web Programming and Development Tools.
- Demonstrate effective skills in designs and enterprise development and applications using a) Relational Databases, b) Active Server Pages and c) Web Programming and Development Tools.
- Show sensitivity to professional and ethical responsibilities and a respect for diversity.
- Demonstrate management skills necessary for technological organizations.
- Identify the information and systems needed for management decision making in an organizational setting.
|Degree Plan||Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems (BS-MIS)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits||Foundation / Core||GE||Elective / Specialization|
|ACE 100||Accelerate, Connect, Equip||3||3|
|GEN 101||English Composition I||3||3|
|Social Science Elective (100/200)||3||3|
|GEN 201||English Composition II||3||3|
|IST 221||Fundamentals of Computing||3||3|
|GEN 102||United States History||3||3|
|GEN 103||United States Government||3||3|
|BUS 215||Business Communications||3||3|
|BUS 201||Business and Society||3||3|
|ECO 215||Survey of Economics||3||3|
|IST 228||Data Communications and Distributed Networks||3||3|
|IST 234||Fundamentals of Database Management||3||3|
|IST 235||Legal Issues in Information Technology||3||3|
|MKT 226||Principles of Marketing||3||3|
|IST 447||Software Engineering||3||3|
|MGT 251||Organizational Behavior||3||3|
|ACC 222||Financial Accounting||3||3|
|IST 225||Computer System Architecture||3||3|
|MGT 228||Introduction to the Process of Management||3||3|
|FIN 224||Principles of Financial Management||3||3|
|ACC 421||Managerial Accounting||3||3|
|BUS 314||Business Law||3||3|
|IST 423||Information System Analysis Design and Implementation||3||3|
|BUS 425||Business Ethics||3||3|
|IST 346||Computer Security Fundamentals||3||3|
|IST 430||Information Systems Management and Practice||3||3|
|MGT 440||Operations Management||3||3|
|IST 433||Advanced Database Management System||3||3|
|IST 444||Web Interface Design||3||3|
|MGT 450||Project Management||3||3|
|IST 435||Information Systems Project Management||3||3|
|IST 439||Enterprise Resource Management||3||3|
|IST 446||Advanced Internet Security and Threat||3||3|
- IST 433 Advanced Database Management
- IST 435 Information Systems Project Management
- IST 439 Enterprise Resource Management
- IST 446 Advanced Internet Security and Threats
- IST 450 Project Management
The Bachelor of Business Administration program requires the completion of 120 units of coursework that include:
General Education Courses: 39 Units / 13 Courses
California Intercontinental University uses elements of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) to determine the breadth of requirements for general education courses. In making this determination, courses that are recognized by IGETC that are not offered by California Intercontinental University may be considered for waiver of certain General Education courses.
General Business Elective Courses:
In alignment with the Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) program, students can demonstrate multidisciplinary knowledge through transfer of courses or students may also elect to fulfill the unit mandate by taking the General Electives Courses or any other undergraduate course offered by California Intercontinental University
Management Information Systems Core: 66 Units /22 Courses
Specialization Courses: 15 Units / 5 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Bachelor’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- Official documentation showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, or its recognized equivalent:
- DD-214 document showing high school completion may be accepted as unofficial proof of high school graduation for military and veteran students.
- An official transcript from a college/university documenting proof of high school graduation, including high school name and date of graduation
- For bachelor’s degree applicants only: An official transcript from a college/university documenting proof of completion of associate’s degree
- If the applicant has completed some approved postsecondary college work, a sealed copy of his/her official transcripts may be required
In cases where a student is unable to provide official documentation showing the completion of a high school diploma or GED, or its recognized equivalent [e.g.: institution closed or inaccessible by student due to civil unrest or government prohibition, or official student documents were destroyed], the student may ask to complete a self-certification form from the Enrollment
The Bachelor’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully complete the GE, Required, and Emphasis courses of the appropriate curriculum (or their equivalent) and have fulfilled the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieve at least 2.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) for all courses taken at California Intercontinental University
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to California Intercontinental University prior to degree award
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department