Our Mission, Goals and Objectives
California Intercontinental University offers relevant, in-demand accredited online programs designed to enhance each student’s professional career. CIU is committed to equip the next generation of business professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs with the confidence, qualifications, and competence to succeed in the global business community and economy.
- To enable students to pursue progressive distance education programs that offer them an interdisciplinary approach to the study of business, administrative disciplines, management, and leadership.
- To provide up-to-date and challenging curricula with practical application for evolving global business environments, honing graduates’ leadership abilities, and enabling them to gain business expertise.
- To deliver a competitive online distance education that provides quality instruction and services to all students.
- To provide a platform for enhancing and developing critical thinking, analytical skills, investigative ability, and innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- To provide opportunity for considerable personal and professional development.
- To maintain an on-going institutional assessment program that covers student learning, curriculum delivery and effectiveness, faculty scholarly activity, student services, financial stability, and administrative leadership.
- To become a reputable and recognized distance education university.
By incorporating the following learning and career outcomes into its programs, CIU ensures that graduates are prepared to succeed in a variety of professional, civic, and personal settings. In fulfilling its mission, California Intercontinental University is committed to the following Educational Objectives:
- Students having been exposed to new knowledge and business ideas and will be able to prepare academically vigorous course research projects, Dissertations that complement existing knowledge and represent in-depth investigative work and critical analysis of a business issue or problem.
- Graduates can demonstrate competent skills in communication, human relationship management and advanced business knowledge and exhibit the required professional skills for specialized business career preparation, including leadership and teamwork, in an increasingly diverse global economy.
- Graduates can apply effective analytical skills and critical thinking in professional communication, scholarly activity, proposal writing and research work to develop business concepts, plans, and effective strategies for managing organizations successfully.
- Graduates can integrate administrative and management strategies to meet the needs of a diverse business community and can apply innovative business concepts and effective administrative skills in their respective fields of study.
- Graduates will be cognizant of ethical issues and concerns relevant to the discipline and recognize the need for and are able to pursue self-directed and lifelong learning that supports business management and operations.
- Graduates can formulate innovative and modern management techniques necessary to design, manage, and build profitable business units in corporations and public and private businesses.