California Intercontinental University (CALUNIVERSITY ®) is a distance education institution of higher learning dedicated to the study of Business Administration and Management, which promotes quality learning, critical thinking, and the discovery of new knowledge for the benefit of diverse business communities. We strive to hire motivated and committed students who, through their academic accomplishments, will become successful business managers, executives, leaders, researchers, and consultants.
We are student centered institution that adheres to the highest principles of integrity, ethical standards, fairness, and academic excellence. The purpose of California Intercontinental University is to promote and support innovative educational opportunities through distance study, critical research, and quality service to students.
Institution Mission Statement
The mission of California Intercontinental University is to provide quality distance education, effective student services, and accessible innovative online degree programs enabling students to become successful business professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs for the 21st century. Through its distance education programs, the University equips tomorrow’s business leaders with a sense of responsibility and vision for the future of the global business enterprise.
California Intercontinental University is an online university founded with one aim in mind-to set off help students excel in their career goals. In keeping with our founding philosophy: “To Inspire Vision; To Create Brilliance; and To Achieve Success”
Graduation Rate, Student Achievement, and Satisfaction Rates
- 2012 Average Completion / Graduation Rate for Students: 78%
- Percentage of Students Surveyed Who Responded that they:
- Achieved their learning goals: 94%
- Were satisfied with their studies: 95%
STUDENT DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE:*
- Age Range: Mid-life Adults
- Program Enrollment:
- Doctoral program: 68%
- Master’s program: 25%
- Bachelor’s program: 7%
- Geographic Location: 82% of students are US residents
- The remaining 18% are international students
- The majority of our students are studying part-time.
Information accurate as of 12/18/2013
Student Body Diversity Information
Section 485(a)(1)(Q) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) requires disclosure of student body diversity to all prospective and enrolled students. Information gathered and presented in the chart was based on the self-disclosures by students.
|Gender||Percent of Total|
|Demographic||Percent of Total|
|Black or African American||31%|
|Two or more races||8%|
Information accurate as of March 29, 2016.
Programs / Degrees / Courses
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Internet Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Networking and Systems Security
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Master of Business Administration in Information Systems and Knowledge Management
- Master of Business Administration in International Management and Marketing
- Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development and Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration in Project and Quality Management
- Doctorate of Business Administration
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship and Business Management
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Global Business and Leadership
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership
- Doctorate of Business Administration in Information Systems and Enterprise Resource Management
Average Program Tuition / cost per credit unit:
California Intercontinental University at a Glance
Name of Institution: California Intercontinental University
Address: 17310 Red Hill Ave. #200, Irvine, CA 92614
Year Founded: 2003
First Accredited: 2009
Next Scheduled Review: 2013
President: Dr. Finian Tan
ACCREDITATION AND AGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
1601 18th Street NW, Suite 2, Washington, DC 20009
STATE APPROVAL AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE)
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento California, 95833
Tel: 1 (888) 370-7589
Approved by the California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (CSAAVE) to enroll veterans and other eligible persons.
We value your right to information privacy. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records.
California Intercontinental University prohibits discrimination or harassment that violates the law or which constitutes inappropriate or unprofessional limitation of employment opportunity, University facility access, or participation in University activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected disability, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status.