Scholarships and Awards
California Intercontinental University wishes to reward leadership for Active Duty US Military Personnel and eligible civilian defense contractors (GS) pursuing their Doctorate Degree with CIU by providing a scholarship up to $7,000 towards program tuition and fees.
Proof of Status
Proof of status can be established by any of the following:
- A clear copy of an Active Duty military identification with Expiration of Active Duty Obligated Service (EAOS) date or contract date;
- Written Employment verification or copy of civilian military identification
- A copy of your current duty station orders (1st page of your orders is acceptable)
- Submission of the following information to determine Active Duty Status through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Website (https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/single_record.xhtml):
- Current Valid ID
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Once service is verified, eligibility for the scholarship is subject to the following requirements:
- Complete a Financial Plan with a designated CIU staff member
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Submit transcripts and other enrollment documentation as required
Continued eligibility for the scholarship requires that the student:
- Meet program attendance requirements (see catalog);
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (see catalog for details);
- Remain current with any new tuition payment arrangements; and
- Maintain continuous enrollment throughout the program with no unauthorized breaks
- A credit of $1,000 will be applied to each qualifying student’s account and the completion of each semester. This credit will be factored in to the Financial Plan at the time of enrollment.
- Scholarship funds will be applied to out-of-pocket costs only and may not be refunded directly to the students.
- Scholarship recipients are not eligible for any additional tuition discounts, but may receive all fee waivers normally offered to CIU’s military students.
- The scholarship will not be applied to Extended Sequence Fees when a student is required to take GRC extension courses.
At California Intercontinental University, we honor those that put themselves in harm’s way to save others. On a daily basis, our first responders stand at-the-ready and we are all inspired by your faithful dedication to the general public.
We are pleased to offer up to $5,375 in scholarships for qualified First Responders through December 31, 2017. Scholarships vary based on desired program (see chart below).
To apply, applicants are asked to contact an Enrollment Management Advisor to obtain a scholarship application. Scholarship applications must be submitted with a completed enrollment packet prior to the start of the program. Scholarship funds are prorated over the duration of the program and applied on a per course basis.