MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN PROJECT AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT (MBAPQM)
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY online MBA in Project and Quality Management Degree
The Master of Business Administration in Project and Quality Management (MBAPQM) is designed to prepare students for careers in the fields of total quality management, project management, project controlling, business analyst, quality control management, and project implementation management. Students pursuing this specialization will focus on information technology project management, human factors and team management dynamics, quality design for Six Sigma, and total quality management. Individuals with a leadership inclination and oriented toward task management will benefit greatly from this specialization.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Upon Successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Integrate project management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize project management business opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary teamwork and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and project management problems.
- Apply critical thinking skills and proven management theories and practices to analyze, evaluate, and decide on a wide range of project management business issues.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Facilitate the use of appropriate technologies for inquiry and problem solving.
- Measure the economic performance of organizations.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN PROJECT AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT (MBA PQM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|IST 535||Information Technology in Project Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 523||Human Factors and Team Dynamics for PM||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 570||Quality Design for Six Sigma||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MGT 575||Total Quality Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- IST 535 Information Technology in Project Management
- MGT 523 Human Factors and Team Dynamics for PM
- MGT 570 Quality Design for Six Sigma
- MGT 575 Total Quality Management
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department
- Successfully complete and pass an Oral Defense of the Thesis
- Submission of two bound copies of the final Thesis