Master of Business Administration in International Management and Marketing Program
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY online MBA in International Management and Marketing Degree
For those with a desire to expand their business acumen along with a passion for global commerce and international business, the Masters of Business Administration in International Management and Marketing is an essential step to securing such a career. Students will focus on learning the most current business practices and the impact on corporate partners overseas. Students gain necessary leadership competencies for guiding a growing business, with a global mindset. Students will gain business leadership abilities that account for global factors that determine how successful companies are positioned as leaders in an international market.
Students learn how to evaluate customers and their impact on supply chain metrics to learn how to identify and build on targeted markets and methods for forecasting and managing effective sales and operations. Students master accounting exposures, changes in exchange rates, and the international bond markets. Examining case studies provides insight into complex problems applying business theories and observations of real international operations.
MBA graduates with an emphasis on International Management and Marketing are well-equipped to enter a consistently growing pool of business professionals. As the national economy continues to climb upwards, corporations are strengthening their strategic relationships with overseas business partners. Companies need entrepreneurial-minded individuals who have the foresight and expertise needed for expanding operations as well as sustaining current ones. Students who have the right experience under their belt can position themselves for such a career with an MBA in international business and marketing.
As many US organizations expand their reach and continue to cultivate international sites, employers are looking for professionals with high-level experience and knowledge of international logistics and financial leadership techniques. Graduates who hold an MBA in International Management and Marketing are prime candidates for global management positions. MBAs are in high demand for executive positions across a wide variety of industries, ranging from international sales and marketing professionals to global account managers.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
Integrate management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
Construct and optimize business opportunities in competitive markets.
Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and financial problems.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING (MBA IMM)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|FIN 512 or MGT 518||International Financial Management or Global Business Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MKT 525||Integrated Retail Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MKT 545||Purchasing and Supply Chain Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|MKT 558||Global Marketing Policy||Taken in Order||3||3|
- ACC 501 Accounting
- ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
- FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
- IST 530 Management Information Systems
- MGT 517 Organizational Development
- MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
- MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
- MKT 517 Marketing
- FIN 512 International Financial Management or MGT 518 Global Business Management
- MKT 525 Integrated Retail Management
- MKT 545 Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- MKT 558 Global Marketing Policy
The Master of Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet CALUNIVERSITY’s business foundational prerequisites by taking a required course in Basic Accounting. Other elective courses are available for the student’s consideration.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department