Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance Program
Earn an MBA and empower yourself for a great career in business.
The Value of a CALUNIVERSITY Online MBA in Banking and Finance Degree
For business professionals with experience in the financial sector and students who are interested in honing their economic knowledge and skills, the MBA in Banking and Finance is the perfect tool for entering into a financial management career. From startup ventures for the entrepreneurial-minded to corporate decision-making jobs that affect company-wide growth, the MBA with a concentration in Banking and Finance prepares professionals for advanced careers in money matters across a wide range of industries.
The general MBA coursework focuses on business strategy, managerial practices, and organizational leadership, while the Finance classes cover a range of business scenarios including Bank Management, Commercial Banking, and Entrepreneurial Finance. Students will further explore the influence that financial institutions have on global markets, capital market theory, global monetary policies, foreign exchange rates, corporate bonds, and futures contracts. Students will explore concepts of risk management and financial planning in the banking industry as well as strategies that maximize profitability and stockholder’s value. With the most up-to-date information and practices, candidates will gain a firm understanding of trends, changes, and financial risks in the banking industry.
Some of the possible career paths for an MBA in Banking and Finance include financial analysts, financial advisors, credit managers and consultants. Small companies are in need of experienced professionals with the right kind of experience that MBA courses provide, while larger companies rely on candidates who stand out from the rest with the right degree for the job. Chief financial officer positions for large corporations are available to MBA graduates, as well as financial analyst positions for non-profit companies and government institutions.
The constant evolution of banking practices and financial operations combined with the expanding global reach of the nation’s large financial institutions call for qualified and credentialed graduates who have the ability to lead a business toward positive growth. Professionals with an MBA in Banking and Finance from California Intercontinental University will be well-suited for financial management within any major financial institution. With steady growth in the career outlook for finance occupations, many with lucrative salaries, the MBA in Banking and Finance itself is a wise investment.
|Credits required for degree completion:||36|
|Maximum transfer credits accepted:||18|
|Program length:||1.5 years|
|Cost per credit:||$445|
|Payment options:||Click to view interest-free payment options|
Program Competencies and Learning Objectives
- Integrate management theories and practices to improve organizational performance.
- Construct and optimize business opportunities in competitive markets.
- Assess business challenges and opportunities associated with the global economy, competition, change, and uncertainty.
- Utilize applied research methods and business strategies to maximize business growth and development opportunities.
- Foster interdisciplinary team work and collaborative work environments.
- Identify and analyze complex business concepts and explore alternative solutions to organizational and financial problems.
|Degree Plan||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN BANKING AND FINANCE (MBA BF)|
|Course Number||Course Name||Prerequisite||Credits||Core||Major|
|MGT 517||Organizational Development||None||3||3|
|IST 530||Management Information Systems||None||3||3|
|ECO 518||Economics for Decision Making||ACC 501||3||3|
|FIN 515||Entreprenurial Finance||ACC 501, ECO 518||3||3|
|MGT 553||Project Management for Professionals||Semesters 1/2||3||3|
|MGT 545||Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization||MGT 553||3||3|
|FIN 530||Bank Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 533||Commerical Banking||Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 540||Capital Markets||Taken in Order||3||3|
|FIN 512||International Financial Management||Taken in Order||3||3|
MKT 517 Marketing
MGT 517 Organizational Development
IST 530 Management Information Systems
ACC 501 Accounting
ECO 518 Economics for Decision Making
FIN 515 Entrepreneurial Finance
MGT 553 Project Management for Professionals
MGT 545 Strategic Management and Competitive Globalization
FIN 530 Bank Management
FIN 533 Commercial Banking
FIN 540 Capital Markets
FIN 512 International Financial Management
The Associate of Arts in Business Administration program requires the completion of 36 units of coursework that include:
Business Required Courses: 24 Units / 8 Courses
Elective Courses: 12 Units / 4 Courses
In addition to the preliminary admissions requirements, an applicant for the Master’s degree program must submit and meet the following admission prerequisites:
- A copy of the applicant’s Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation – CHEA.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimal Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of C (2.0 on a scale of 4.0) or higher.
The Master’s Degree is conferred upon those who have fulfilled the following requirements:
- Successfully completed all required courses of the Masters curricula and have completed the minimal required Learning Time for each course and program
- Met the study time residency requirement for degree completion and award
- Achieved at least 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Be cleared of all indebtedness and other obligations to CALUNIVERSITY
- Be recommended for graduation by the Faculty and Academic Department