Scholarships and Awards
California Intercontinental University wishes to reward leadership for Active Duty US Military Personnel and eligible civilian defense contractors (GS) pursuing their Doctorate Degree with CIU by providing a scholarship up to $7,000 towards program tuition and fees.
Proof of Status
Proof of status can be established by any of the following:
- A clear copy of an Active Duty military identification with Expiration of Active Duty Obligated Service (EAOS) date or contract date;
- Written Employment verification or copy of civilian military identification
- A copy of your current duty station orders (1st page of your orders is acceptable)
- Submission of the following information to determine Active Duty Status through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Website (https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/single_record.xhtml):
- Current Valid ID
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Once service is verified, eligibility for the scholarship is subject to the following requirements:
- Complete a Financial Plan with a designated CIU staff member
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Submit transcripts and other enrollment documentation as required
Continued eligibility for the scholarship requires that the student:
- Meet program attendance requirements (see catalog);
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (see catalog for details);
- Remain current with any new tuition payment arrangements; and
- Maintain continuous enrollment throughout the program with no unauthorized breaks
- A credit of $1,000 will be applied to each qualifying student’s account and the completion of each semester. This credit will be factored in to the Financial Plan at the time of enrollment.
- Scholarship funds will be applied to out-of-pocket costs only and may not be refunded directly to the students.
- Scholarship recipients are not eligible for any additional tuition discounts, but may receive all fee waivers normally offered to CIU’s military students.
- The scholarship will not be applied to Extended Sequence Fees when a student is required to take GRC extension courses.
At California Intercontinental University, we honor those that put themselves in harm’s way to save others. On a daily basis, our first responders stand at-the-ready and we are all inspired by your faithful dedication to the general public.
We are pleased to offer up to $5,375 in scholarships for qualified First Responders through December 31, 2017. Scholarships vary based on desired program (see chart below).
|Graduate Certificate Program||
|Dual Degree Program||
To apply, applicants are asked to contact an Enrollment Management Advisor to obtain a scholarship application. Scholarship applications must be submitted with a completed enrollment packet prior to the start of the program. Scholarship funds are prorated over the duration of the program and applied on a per course basis.