Scholarships and Awards
As part of California Intercontinental University’s long-held commitment to supporting our emerging entrepreneurs and business professionals we are proud to offer our undergraduate students the GRAD scholarship which awards students up to $13,000 in scholarship funds. California Intercontinental University is committed to delivering the highest educational outcomes to inspire the next generation of business professionals while rewarding the efforts and sacrifices our students make throughout their journey towards obtaining their degree.
GRAD Scholarship recipients receive up to $13,000 in scholarship funds, awarded on a semester basis $1,000 at a time. The maximum scholarship funds a student may receive each semester is $1,000. Undergraduate students enrolled in 2017 who maintain a 2.5 GPA or greater and maintain continuous enrollment are eligible for the GRAD Scholarship. A break in enrollment will result in forfeiture of the scholarship. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information and details about this scholarship opportunity.
California Intercontinental University wishes to reward leadership for Active Duty US Military Personnel and eligible civilian defense contractors (GS) pursuing their Doctorate Degree with CIU by providing a scholarship up to $7,000 towards program tuition and fees.
Proof of Status
Proof of status can be established by any of the following:
- A clear copy of an Active Duty military identification with Expiration of Active Duty Obligated Service (EAOS) date or contract date;
- Written Employment verification or copy of civilian military identification
- A copy of your current duty station orders (1st page of your orders is acceptable)
- Submission of the following information to determine Active Duty Status through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Website (https://scra.dmdc.osd.mil/single_record.xhtml):
- Current Valid ID
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Once service is verified, eligibility for the scholarship is subject to the following requirements:
- Complete a Financial Plan with a designated CIU staff member
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Submit transcripts and other enrollment documentation as required
Continued eligibility for the scholarship requires that the student:
- Meet program attendance requirements (see catalog);
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (see catalog for details);
- Remain current with any new tuition payment arrangements; and
- Maintain continuous enrollment throughout the program with no unauthorized breaks
- A credit of $1,000 will be applied to each qualifying student’s account and the completion of each semester. This credit will be factored in to the Financial Plan at the time of enrollment.
- Scholarship funds will be applied to out-of-pocket costs only and may not be refunded directly to the students.
- Scholarship recipients are not eligible for any additional tuition discounts, but may receive all fee waivers normally offered to CIU’s military students.
- The scholarship will not be applied to Extended Sequence Fees when a student is required to take GRC extension courses.
For the 2017 year California Intercontinental University would like to reward our active duty military students for pursuing their academic goals. Active duty students using Military Tuition Assistance may be eligible for a scholarship to offset any out of pocket tuition expenses.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (see catalog)
- Meet program attendance requirements (see catalog)
- Be eligible for Military Tuition Assistance
- Graduate on time, i.e., not have any un-excused breaks in enrollment.
- Undergraduate students in a Bachelor’s program must complete a FAFSA
Students that meet the criteria will have their student account credited at the end of the semester to offset any out of pocket expenses a student may incur after all aid, grants and scholarships have been applied.
At California Intercontinental University, we honor those that put themselves in harm’s way to save others. On a daily basis, our first responders stand at-the-ready and we are all inspired by your faithful dedication to the general public.
We are pleased to offer up to $5,375 in scholarships for qualified First Responders through December 31, 2017. Scholarships vary based on desired program (see chart below).
|Graduate Certificate Program||
|Dual Degree Program||
To apply, applicants are asked to contact an Enrollment Management Advisor to obtain a scholarship application. Scholarship applications must be submitted with a completed enrollment packet prior to the start of the program. Scholarship funds are prorated over the duration of the program and applied on a per course basis.